||New Mexico Academy of Science|
c/o New Mexico Museum of Natural History
1801 Mountain Road NW
Albuquerque, NM 87104
Welcome to the NMAS Home Page...
Read about the NMAS connection to the NAAS and AAAS.
Be an active NMAS member! Volunteer at Science Education Events!
Please contact the point of contact to volunteer for a particular
event. Please be sure to mention you are from NMAS! Click here for the current list, updated 04/21/2013.
Volume 46 of the New Mexico Journal of Science is now available, Click here for more information.
Volume 99 number 1 of the NMAS newletter is now available for download, Click here to download.
NMAS is now on Facebook! Like us!
New Mexico Academy of Science
Information for the NMAS Board Members ...
- Founded in 1902, ...
- the New Mexico Academy of Science has been
in continuous existence since 1915. The Academy is a member of the
National Association of Academies of Science and an affiliate of the
American Association for the Advancement of Science. The New Mexico
Academy of Science works with teachers, state agencies, and the
legislature to establish appropriate standards for the teaching of the
sciences. The Academy can also act as a resource center, providing
scientific advice and expertise to these groups and others.
- The Academy Goals are ...
- to foster scientific
research and scientific cooperation, increase public awareness of the role
of science in human progress and human welfare, and promote science education
in New Mexico.
- The Academy Sponsors ...
- the Visiting Scientist Program, the Junior Academy of Science and associated science fairs, and annually honors New Mexico science educators through its Outstanding Science Teachers Award Program. Student research, research fairs, paper competitions, and symposia are conducted under Academy auspices.
- The Academy Publishes ...
- the annual New Mexico Journal of Science as well as a quarterly newsletter.
- The Academy Hosts ...
- an annual meeting that features speakers
and presentation on selected themes. Outstanding teacher awards are
also presented at the annual banquet.
- Membership is Open ...
- to any person or organization engaged in or interested
in scientific research, scientific education, or the goals and activities of the Academy. Members receive the New Mexico Journal of Science and the quarterly newsletter, and are invited to participate in the Academy's other activities.
- Membership Categories are:
- Member ($25/yr)
- Student ($15/yr)
- Institutional Journal Subscription ($25/yr)
- Life Membership ($400) (3/4 of Life Membership goes to the NMAS Endowment)
- To Join the NMAS:
- Complete an application form and return it, with payment to the NMAS address given above.
Last Updated, DPD, 05/11/2013