New Mexico Junior Academy of Science
Instructions for Judges
- Please use the written manuscript judging form in advance of the paper session. Examine the papers carefully and score them on each point. Please take into account where each paper came from. Certain rural areas have less accessibility to literature and professional help.
- Each student will have 10 minutes to present, with five minutes following for questions from the judges. You may want to prepare a few questions in advance.
- Use the oral presentation judging form to score the oral and visual presentation, as the student is presenting and immediately afterward.
- After the presentations, please get the combined score totals from both judging forms, then caucus with the other judges to choose the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. If there is a good project as a close 4th you may wish to give and honorable mention.
- Please give the results and the students' papers to the director.
- Thank you so very much for your valuable input of time and expertise. You are an indispensable part of the NMJAS Paper Competition.
Last updated: 01/30/2014