The New Mexico Journal of Science accepts papers for consideration for upcoming issues. All papers are subject to a peer review process. There is no cost to authors for publishing and all previous papers can be open-source accessed. Papers can be from a variety of scientific disciplines. All novel and previously unpublished work will be considered for publication.
Please email manuscript submissions to the editor, Vladislav Sevostianov, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The approximate deadlines are
Abstracts due – July 15
Complete manuscript due – September 1
Peer review completed – October 1
Revised manuscript due – November 1
NMAS adheres to the following International Standards for Authors:
- The research being reported should have been conducted in an ethical and responsible manner and should comply with all relevant legislation.
- Researchers should present their results clearly, honestly, and without fabrication, falsification or inappropriate data manipulation.
- Researchers should strive to describe their methods clearly and unambiguously so that their findings can be confirmed by others.
- Researchers should adhere to publication requirements that submitted work is original, is not plagiarized, and has not been published elsewhere.
- Authors should take collective responsibility for submitted and published work.
- The authorship of research publications should accurately reflect individuals’ contributions to the work and its reporting.
- The author should report funding sources and relevant conflicts of interest.
Preparing and submitting a manuscript
The New Mexico Journal of Science formatting style for the is based on the American Chemical Society Author Guidelines.
The documents below should be used to prepare manuscripts for publication in the New Mexico Journal of Science. Manuscripts should be 4,500 words or less and must be submitted as a Microsoft Word document. The pdf guide below is broken into the following sections:
- Manuscript components
- Component descriptions
- Specific formatting requirements that include word styles; units and numbers; equations and chemical reactions; references.
All submitted manuscripts will go through a peer review process, which is the standard process for any scientific journal publication. See, for example, here, especially the video under What Authors Need To Know.
Author Guidelines (pdf)
Template with styles (MS Word)